Role of an Effective Leader in a Team Building Exercise
“A good leader is a person who takes a little more than his share of the blame and a little less than his share of the credit.” – John C. Maxwell
Leadership is the vital force that pushes an organization toward success. Motivating employees, getting the work done before deadlines, and encouraging them to take up multiple tasks, are some of the responsibilities of an effective leader.
It is essential for every company to develop a strong leadership-training program, in order to bring the best out of a person. Unfortunately, many organizations consider investment in designing leadership programs and conducting seminars as an unnecessary cost. However, it is of utmost importance for companies to change their view and deem these conducts as an investment.
Typically, a leadership training program must include an engaging workshop involving a blend of discussions, debates, experience sharing platform, leadership stories, and introspection. At the end of the workshop, the top management must be able to:
• Identify the strengths and weaknesses within the leaders
• Motivate them to share their opinion and vision
• Infuse the spirit of teamwork, trust, and cooperation among other employees
• Share values and opinions
• Reinforce the capacity and skills
Corporate team building for an organizational success:
A united team can work towards the smooth functioning of an organization. If the vision is to see your company at the top, it is essential to spend on team building training and leadership development. An efficient and motivated team under the guidance of a good leader can improve operational efficiency of the company.
Nowadays, many companies resort to both indoor and outdoor team building activities to encourage employees for more work and better output. Several companies plan for a weekend getaway, team dinner, or arrange for games to bring employees together.
Below are some of the team building games that help in strengthening the interpersonal relation between employees:
1. Indoor activities:
• Mobile adventure programs: As the name suggests, this is a mobile (portable) activity that can be set up anytime and anywhere (indoor/outdoor) depending upon the situation.
• Cooking challenge, clay challenge, roller coaster challenge, rhythm challenge, wine tasting challenge, and trebuchet challenge are some of the popular indoor team building games.
2. Outdoor activities:
• Sandcastle challenge, the beach challenge, the survival challenge, water sports activities, bike racing, etc., are few outdoor team building games popular among the corporate training circuit.
Leadership training activities and innovative team building workshop are vital for the smooth functioning of an organization.
Padmaja Singh is a prolific Mumbai-based freelance writer who writes on numerous topics including Team Building, Leadership Development [http://www.focusadventure.in/leadership-development.aspx], Innovation & Creativity and Induction Programs, to name a few.
By Padmaja S Singh
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7184050