by Drew James Davis
“No one lives long enough to learn everything they need to learn starting from scratch. To be successful, we absolutely, positively have to find people who have already paid the price to learn the things that we need to learn to achieve our goals.” -Brian Tracy
Emulating the actions of already successful people can help you be successful because – Success leaves clues: Modeling people who have succeeded, learning and duplicating the steps and processes of people who have already succeeded in your area of interest, is THE way to avoid making the same mistakes and going through the same trials and errors. This article will show you how to increase your ability to gain success 10 times faster than usual.
Whatever you wish to achieve or become in life, you can. So, does it mean that you have the power? Yes, you do. You can learn the methods that someone else used to gain success. Then you can do the same thing! Without a proven model, being successful will be much harder, so the best thing is choose ONE model and implement it. Find a model and emulate how they created success for themselves. Think of someone who has already created that level of accomplishment that you want to create for yourself. It could be someone in business, on TV or any field that you want to be a master of. But, how to go about it?
Questions to ask yourself-
1. Think about what you want to become in your life and what goals you would like to achieve. What is holding you back? Do you have any habits that are stopping you? What habits will take you closer to greater success and your chosen career?
2. How good are you at decision making? Do you gather enough information before coming on to a decision?
3. What skills do you need to be successful? Who can help you master the right strategies and skill set?
4. Do you speak a positive language? Do you live a positive life with a positive mind and a grateful attitude?
These questions will help you understand where you stand and begin the journey of ‘correcting’ your behavior to achieve true and long-lasting success like some of the greatest achievers. Once you zero in on that ONE person whose level of success you would like to achieve, study their strategies and insights. Study their vision, focus, courage and things they did in order to support their vision for their lives. Find out what inspires someone like Mariah Carey, Oprah Winfrey, Bill Gates, Paulo Coelho or Richard Branson. How much time did they give to their goal every day (when they were in the struggling phase), what different thing did they do and how did they do it, etc.
Let’s look at the outlook that most successful people share towards their life and career.
1. Money is NOT their main goal. Many wealthy people admit that they did not make money their primary goal. In the pursuit of achieving their goal (which could be ANYTHING), they rather asked, “How do I make a difference?” or “How could I do what I love doing and still help those around me?”.
2. They stay around high achievers and positive people. They work in a team of positive people who are high achievers in their own area of expertise. They work as a team with like-minded, energetic and dedicated people.
3. They had mentors too! A common factor multi-millionaires share is they had studied and worked with an accomplished person who was their mentor/guide in the early stages of their career. Many successful people attribute their success to their mentor for their encouragement and advice. And the mentors would often change over time (generally, as their vision/business broadened).
So, if you want to become a successful singer, ask a successful singer how he/she creates results. If you can’t ask directly, try researching them on the internet. Also, books, especially biographies are awesome motivators. By doing this, you can rapidly supercharge your speed of being successful and you don’t have to go through the same trials and errors to accomplish what they did.
However, success has no short-cuts! You may know the path by learning and emulating successful people, but success requires focus, discipline, perseverance, sweat and sacrifice. So, model successful people in the right way. Emulate ‘what’ and ‘how’ they do what they do, and you will surely reach a similar height of success.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7463760
About the Author: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Drew_James_Davis
Drew Davis is obsessed with the subject of success with an intense focus on mindset. Change your thoughts, change your life. Thoughts become things, make them good ones! To explore this subject more please feel free to check out http://www.mindset2succeed.com