Incorporating a New ‘Yes’ Into Your Life
by Paula Eder
Adding something new to your day means that other things need to shift a bit. After all, there are only 24-hours to hold everything you want to do.
Success builds on success, and it’s tempting to say ‘Yes’ to lots of things. But you know what? There’s nothing quite so helpful — especially when you’re busy — as saying ‘Yes’ to daily activities that keep you happy, healthy, safe and self-referenced.
Indeed, self-care is key to your success and well-being. So the more you feel comfortable supporting yourself in this way, the more you’ll build self-trust. This helps you succeed, no matter what you’re trying to do, AND no matter what obstacles you encounter.
So, use this tip to stay in sync with yourself and your goals, even when you’re super busy.
TIP: Check in with yourself at the end of the day.
Adding a new ‘Yes’ to your life changes the shape of your day. You might be tempted to back away from these new resolutions when you get busy. So check in with yourself every evening as you work to re-balance your life and maintain your priorities, even as you add something new.
As you review your time choices each evening, ask yourself:
1. How well did my time choices align with my priorities today?
2. Did I include my new activities as planned?
3. What will my schedule look like tomorrow? Will it help to fine-tune or even to revise my plans? What’s a good time to pursue my new activity tomorrow?
4. How do I handle unexpected demands on my time? How can I build more flex into my plans for tomorrow?
5. In what ways will I use my weekly and monthly to-do list to support my new activity?
Working closely with your priorities helps you assert your power to chart your life course. As you grow in decisiveness and self-awareness you will enjoy more success and enhance your ability to find time.
So, as you work to expand yourself and your experience with a well-placed ‘Yes,’ look at the evolving shape of your life with fresh eyes.
* How do you stretch into new areas and activities?
* How does this added activity support your overall health?
* In what new ways do you engage with the world?
* Which inner resources do you access?
* What time choices will help you maintain this change over time?
When you feel energized (not overwhelmed) by your expansion, you know that you welcome this commitment. Remember that each time you say a wise ‘Yes’ and reserve the time to follow through, you grow into your promise.
You are truly and powerfully living your life and living it successfully.
And to fully mobilize yourself, sign up for our free gift, the Finding Time Success Kit, which includes “The New Finding Time Boundary Template: 9 Simple, Sequential Steps to Find More Time and Recharge Your Energy!” Using a workbook format this powerful and practical time template helps you progress beyond disappointment and frustration. Discover that 24 hours really are enough!
Offered by Paula Eder, PhD, The Time Finder Expert.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Paula_Eder/40911
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/10032491