Some Notes from John Maxwell’s Book, 17 Essential Qualities of a Team Player:
- Most victories in life are achieved through small wins sustained over a long term.
- Union is strength
- Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.
- Every successful person finds that great success lies just beyond the point where they are convinced their idea is not going to work.
- www.qualitiesofateamplayer.com17 Essential Qualities of a Team Player.1. Adaptable.
- Service Minded.
- Emotionally Secure.
- Collaboration is working together aggressively. Cooperation is working together agreeably.
- Complete each other rather than compete.
- There are no half hearted champions.
- Matter of choices not conditions.
- Lasts when based on values.
- Doesn’t depend on talent.
- A team is many voices with one heart.
- Be candid.
- Pay attention to details.
- Be willing to risk and innovate.
- Do the last 10% of every job.
- Never settle for average.6.
- Pure motives.
- If I can’t depend on you all the time, then I cannot depend on you at all.
- Strengthen work habits.
- It is not enough that we do our best, we must do what is required.
- Understand teammates.
- Value Teammates.
- Help others go to next level.
- Improve yourself for the team.
- Believe in, serve, and add value to others before they do for you.
- People tend to move toward those who increase them and away from those who devalue them.
- Take responsibility for your own enthusiasm.
- Attitude is a choice.
- Act the way you want to feel rather than waiting or the feeling to develop .
- Go the extra mile.
- Make every action count.
- Work with purpose.
- Consistently focus on doing the right thing moment by moment.
- Have a purpose worth living for.
- Know what you do well.
- Prioritize your responsibilities.
- Learn to Say no.
11. Mission conscious (Big picture).
- Know where the team is going.
- Let the leader of the team lead. Don’t hinder the leader.
- Put the accomplishment of the team ahead of their individual need to achieve.
- Do whatever is necessary to achieve the mission.
- Assess what you are preparing for, where you are headed, and what the price is.
- Mental Attitude.
- Learn from mistakes.
- Respect. You earn respect the quickest on difficult ground.
- Shared experiences.
- Get along with others.
14. Self improving.
- Fitness is desirable over fixes.
- Influential people spend a lot of time alone reflecting.
- Put other members of the team ahead of yourself.
- Be generous.
- Avoid internal politics. Politics is posturing yourself for your own benefit regardless of how it affects the team.
- Display loyalty–if you do, it will be returned. Loyalty fosters unity and unity breeds team success.
- Value interdependence over independence.
16. Solution oriented.
- Problems are a matter of perspective.
- Believe that something is a setback or a solution in the making rather than a problem.
- Problems are solvable.
- Problems either stop us or stretch us.
- Get out of the box, brainstorm, redefine the problem.
- Giving all that you have, not more than you have, but not less either.
- Work with determination, don’t wait on destiny.
- Quitting when the job is done, not when you are tired.