Some leadership thoughts from John Maxwell to ponder, share with others, and apply in the leadership roles that you have in your life.
1. Leadership Ability Determines one’s Level of Effectiveness.
2. Measure a Leader by Influence Nothing More, Nothing Less.
3. Leadership Develops Daily, not in a Day.
4. Anyone can steer the ship, it takes a leader to chart the course.
5. When the real leader speaks, people listen.
6. Truth is the Foundation of Leadership.
7. People naturally follow leaders stronger than themselves.
8. Leaders naturally evaluate everything with a leadership bias.
9. Who you are is who you attract.
10. Leaders touch a heart before they ask for a hand.
11. A leaders potential is determined by those closest to him.
12. Only secure leaders give power to others.
13. It takes a leader to raise up leaders.
14. People buy into the leader, then the vision.
15. Leaders find a way for the team to win.
16. Momentum is a leader’s best friend.
17. Activity is not necessarily accomplishment—assess and focus on what really matters.
18. A leader must give up (make sacrifices) to go up.
19. When to lead is as important as what to do and where to go.
20. To add growth, lead followers, to multiply growth lead leaders.
21. A leader’s lasting value is measured by succession.
If you are interested in digging into his concepts in more detail, and read a portion of the book, you can check it out by clicking on the image of the cover or at this link: 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow them and people will follow you